Friday, March 11, 2005

Thank You Aventura



We always tend to complain when things go wrong, and when we should have "gotten" something and we didnt. Especially me, I am quick to complain about things, and point out shit....get controversial when something is just plain wrong... and rarely do we turn that energy into positive thougths. But NOT this time.

I would like to take this time to write this note to Thank Grupo Aventura. WHO very humbily did something that even made a seasoned veteran like me, very nervous!

This special Thank you goes to Romeo of Grupo Aventura who accepted an invitation to my Birthday party, held in NJ Last Thursday 3/10/05, and attended... Drove for about 1 hour into a suburban town in New NJ ( Diva Lounge - Montclair NJ)

Anthony & Johnny Marines Arrived to the club very humble, and didnt even care about walking in thru the front door... To some extent I was even embarrased of the club security trying to act like the robots they are.... and ask em to take off his hat and acting stupid....... a situation which I quickly handled - But Anthony quickly made me feel alot better, he said "dont worry about it, it's your b-day ma nigga, dont stress..its cool".

I have been tossing the idea around to Johnny Marines all day (their manager) and he wasnt sure whether it was gonna happen, to my suprise, Romeo called Johnny and told him......"Tell Frikkiao, we will be right there" Trust me Romeo, I owe you one. :)...and I wont forget... :)

This b-day was very special to me, as successfully I reuinted with many of my long time friends who have been in my circle since the very early stages of my carreer, and Romeo was one of them I wished that Lenny could have come. Romeo was also very suprised to see my good friend Lisa Rodriguez (Sirius Radio), another person whom he will also never forget during the early stages of Aventura's carreer. Last nite made me realize that I have friends in this business and they , and it's always the same friends who stay around and will continue to stay around for a long time.

It's funny that out of the many times I have been around these guys - whether be in working mode or hangout, It was the 1st time I was actually nervous - because I wanted to make sure they were treated right even by club staff, and people wasnt walking up to them bothering them. From the smile on Romeos Face, I believed they werre pretty happy with where they were, and the company around them. Johnny even told me "I am coming back to this place"

Thank you Guys... Thats Real!

DJ Frikkiao,
FiestaCaliente.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U see that's what real ass people do that take care of each other, they make sure that everything that you have done for them is never forgotten. NOW! that Really is REAL! I am glad that something positive happened to someone worthwhile and NICE!

December 19, 2005 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home